Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lemon-Rosemary Chicken...

Just sharing a recipe...this is currently one of my favorites. It's relatively quick (prep time anyway, cooking time is longer), simple, and delicious. I've made it a lot this summer and haven't even grown tired of it yet. The kids will eat it, but I have to scrape off the rosemary leaves for them. I personally like the little bits of rosemary and lemon zest on my portion, so I scrape it off their plate right onto mine. Yuuuummmm. Also, the juice in the bottom of the pan when it comes out of the oven -- well, I could just drink it.
It's very easy to make, mostly because you just throw the whole chicken in the oven. I do like to brine it the day before cooking but it's not necessary to do so. I throw a handful of rosemary, thyme, and ginger in the brine. If you have fresh rosemary growing on your patio like I do, do not be stingy with the rosemary...it's soooo good in this recipe.
Now, I can't end without a saying a word about the blog...the writer of the recipe (it's not me, btw) uses a very familiar tone, including some 4 letter words which are sprinkled in for humor. It started out as mildly humorous, but I was over it by the end of the recipe and just wanted him to shut the eff up. But, that's just me...you may not be as annoyed as I was. Yes, I realize the irony of what I just said.
Hope you try and enjoy this recipe.
http://www.spacesbetween.net/cooking/lemonrosemary.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment